You must register as a Selling Partner API developer before you can register your Selling Partner API application. For a demo of developer registration and a walkthrough of Seller Central, refer to the Register as an SP-API Developer video on SP-API Developer University.
The procedure for registering as a developer varies slightly depending on the type of application that you plan to create:
Private seller applications: Applications for sellers that are available only to your organization, and are self-authorized.
Private vendor applications: Vendor applications that are available only to your organization, and are self-authorized.
Public seller and vendor applications: Applications that are publicly available and are authorized by sellers or by vendors using OAuth. In accordance with the Amazon Services API Developer Agreement, public developers must list their app in the Amazon Selling Partner Appstore.
Only Professional Selling Accounts can register to develop or integrate with Selling Partner API. Individual accounts are not eligible. You can upgrade your account to a professional plan at any time.
You must be a primary account user to complete registration.
Beginning April 2022, public and private applications are subject to authorization limits and restrictions. For more information, refer to Authorization Limits
- Review the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), the Data Protection Policy (DPP) and the Amazon Services API Developer Agreement requirements before submitting your profile.
- Review the Amazon Whitepapers to implement select requirements within the Data Protection Policy.
- Ensure that the tech team responsible for data security is the team that answers the security control questions of the Developer Profile application.
- The Developer Profile application has a 500 word limit. Do not copy information from the AUP, DPP, or any other Amazon policies.
If you are denied access, do not reopen the old case. Update your Developer Profile and resubmit it after addressing any missing or incomplete security controls.
Do not select Close this case after submitting your Developer Profile, or before your assessment has been completed. If you need to make changes to your Developer Profile after submitting it, you can choose Reply and then provide details about the updates that you need to make.
- For information about your registration status, refer to Check the status of your request to register as a developer.
Updated 15 days ago