This guide will provide details about migrating to Amazon shipping V2 API. It will also cover the enhancements available via Amazon Shipping V2 API over the previous versions of Amazon Shipping APIs.
The Amazon Shipping V2 API is designed to support shipment use case both for order source originating from Amazon marketplace (referred to as ON Amazon) and order sources from external channels/ marketplaces/ merchant websites (referred to as OFF Amazon). With Amazon Shipping V2 APIs, customers can request for shipping rates, create shipments, track shipments and even cancel the shipments. Using the V2 APIs Shipper can fulfill their orders for both ON and OFF Amazon orders, resulting in an increased efficiency. The V2 APIs are enhanced over its predecessors with reduce latency resulting in improved response time of the API requests. All new Amazon Shipping feature and functionality releases will only be available via the Amazon Shipping V2 API.
|Feature of Amazon Shipping V2 API||Description|
|Supports both ON and OFF Amazon Shipping needs||Amazon Shipping V2 APIs provides customer the ability to create labels for ON and OFF Amazon orders across all market places.|
|Amazon Shipping V2 API Dynamic Sandbox||The dynamic sandbox available with V2 API provides developers the ability to build and test the application prior to production deployment.|
|Amazon Shipping V2 API Postman Collection||Pre-built postman collection is available for developers to import and test the API. For more information, refer Amazon Shipping V2 API postman collection.|
Amazon Shipping V2 APIs are REST-based APIs with JSON-formatted input and output (see the Shipping API V2 reference for additional information). Developers can leverage the API Swagger model to ensure the quality of request and consume data are correct.
Amazon shipping V2 API supports the following operation: Request shipping rates, Create shipments, Track shipments and Cancel shipments, please refer the workflow for Shipping V2 for a full list of operational details.
1P Integration (Shippers directly integrating their Order Management / Warehouse Management applications with Amazon Shipping API)
- 1P ON Amazon/ Hybrid (ON and OFF Amazon) Shippers should use Seller Central account to setup the Direct-to-Consumer Shipping role. The role has to be approved to integrate with Amazon shipping APIs, please refer 1P On-Amazon or Hybrid for more details.
- 1P OFF Amazon Shippers should use Developer Central account to setup Amazon Logistics role. The role has to be approved approved to integrate with Amazon shipping APIs, please refer 1P OFF-Amazon for more details.
- In order to Authorize and allow 1P customers to exchange data with Amazon, Self-Authorization should be performed, please refer 1P Authorization for more details on 1P Self Authorization.
- 3P ON Amazon/Hybrid (ON and OFF Amazon) developers should use Seller Central OR Developer Central account to setup Direct-to-Consumer Shipping role. This role should be registered and approved to integrate with Amazon shipping APIs, please refer 3P On-Amazon or Hybrid for more details.
- 3P OFF Amazon developers should use Developer Central account to setup the Amazon Logistics role. The role should be approved to integrate with Amazon shipping APIs, please refer 3P OFF-Amazon for more details.
- In order to Authorize 3P customer to allow exchange of data between Amazon and shipper, Authorization flow should be built, please refer Authorization for more details on 3P Authorization.
Updated 3 months ago