Effective July 31, 2023, Developer applications must use the new access protocol via the Tokens API and Restricted Data Token (RDT) to make successful calls to retrieve Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in the Selling Partner API. Use of LWA tokens to try and retrieve this information will result in a failure. The operations listed below will require the use of RDT and will no longer accept LWA tokens. In addition, all operations and reports that vend PII, launched after July 31, 2023, will require the use of RDT and will not support LW tokens at launch.
- Merchant Fulfillment
- Direct Fulfillment Orders
- Direct Fulfillment Shipping
Amazon takes protecting customer data seriously. This change ensures that developers are using the latest technology and features for the benefit of vendors, sellers, and customers.
Developers who use Selling Partner APIs to retrieve customer PII.
This affects all countries.
To avoid service disruption, you must update affected applications to use the new access protocol by July 31, 2023.
We are providing the following resources to aid your integration:
- Tokens API Use Case Guide - This guide has been updated to include the list of restricted operations that require the use of RDT.
- Tokens API reference - This is a new reference for the Tokens API and includes the operations for the new access protocol (RDT).
- Tokens API Model – This swagger model describes the operations you can use in the Tokens API.
No, this change only requires RDT for the listed operations.
Visit https://developer.amazonservices.com or sign up for email notifications at https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/mws/notification.html.
Visit us on GitHub at https://github.com/amzn/selling-partner-api-docs/issues to view developer community questions about SP-API or post your own.
Open a support contact with Amazon at https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/mws/contactus.html.